For dancer audition information click here or visit The Company section of the site.
Miami City Ballet currently hiring the following positions:
Position: Director of Marketing and Communications (posted 4.12.13)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLASSIFICATION: Regular Full-Time, Exempt (overtime as required)
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Essential Responsibilities Include:
1. Developing and overseeing all marketing strategies and programs to meet performance revenue goals.
2. Directly supporting other income generation such as providing marketing support for company tours, MCB’s acclaimed school, fundraising campaigns, and other administrative marketing efforts.
3. Sustaining a positive image of MCB and MCB School in all media, public relations and graphic outlets.
4. Communicating fluidly with outside marketing agencies and consultants.
5. Directly handling and supervising the following functions and initiatives of the marketing department throughout the tri-county area we serve:
- Audience development
- Research and market analysis
- Ticket pricing
- Advertising – media, collateral, direct mail, and e-marketing
- Public relations and Press strategy
- Ticket and patron services/box office
- Complimentary ticketing initiatives
- Group sales
- Website development and management
- Social media
- MCB Publications – program books and newsletters
- Institutional branding
- Subscription renewals
- New subscription acquisitions
- Repertory single ticket campaigns
- Nutcracker ticket campaign
- Special projects – Ballet for Young People, Open Barre
- MCB School marketing
- Development marketing
- Tour marketing support
- Retail merchandising (Boutique)
6. Creating and implementing annual department budgets, short and long-term financial projections for earned ticket revenue, and monitoring of all expenses.
7. Providing strong staff leadership and facilitating effective planning, project management, and detailed measurement of all marketing, sales, communications and public relations plans aimed at achieving sales goals, building patron loyalty, and optimizing the presence and positive reputation of MCB nationally and internationally.
8. Performing any other duties assigned by the Executive or Artistic Director.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college;
- Non-profit performing arts or dance marketing experience strongly preferred;
- Eight to ten years management and staff supervisory experience with demonstrated effectiveness in marketing, sales, and communications and media relations.
- Keeps up with current, best-practice marketing techniques and employs quantitative and qualitative tools to maximize short and long-term audience development and ticket sales.
- Offers support and motivation while effectively delegating work to staff; assuring assignments reflect the priorities of the organization.
- Has knowledge of the markets in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties.
- Creatively works with the development department to achieve maximum funding opportunities and build patron loyalty.
- Regularly brings forth any issues or concerns regarding fiscal matters to the Executive Director and CFO.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and decision making, solves problems and resolves issues.
- Fully participates in executive staff team activities and demonstrates appropriate treatment of confidential information.
- Demonstrates positive and creative staff leadership and coaching.
- Microsoft Office Suite
Qualified candidates should send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com, or fax to (305) 929-7002.
Executive Administrative Assistant to the Artistic Director (posted 5.6.13)
Reports to: Artistic Director
Miami City Ballet is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the daily needs of its Artistic Director. The Executive Assistant is responsible for performing an array of administrative functions requiring confidentiality, initiative and sound decision making. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support tasks and will be able to work independently. Additionally, the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism is crucial to this role.
• Maintain the AD’s calendar, prioritize and schedule appointments, meetings and conference calls.
• Receive and screen communications, including telephone calls, email messages and mail, using independent judgment to determine priority and escalation requirements. Under direction and independently, prepare correspondence including letters, memos and reports. Ensure all communications are handled professionally and expeditiously.
• Arrange travel plans and itineraries
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related business field
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong and polished interpersonal skills
• Bilingual in English and Spanish (both speaking and writing)
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a Executive Administrative Assistant role
• Experience in Calendar Management
• Adaptable team player
• Proven experience managing and developing relationships with external contacts
• Strong working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Excellent telephone etiquette
• Tact and good judgment in confidential situations and proven experience interacting with senior management
• Experience reviewing contracts/licensing agreements preferred.
• Energetic, with a willingness to learn, take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities.
• Occasional flexible hours
Send résumé, cover letter and two writing samples (English and Spanish) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Executive Assistant.
Customer Service Representative (posted 5.6.13)
DEPARTMENT: Box Office
REPORTS TO: Box Office Manager
Miami City Ballet is seeking customer-service oriented highly motivated individuals to fill several part-time in season positions in its Box Office.
The successful candidate will represent Miami City Ballet in a professional manner by providing excellent internal and external customer service. Must be computer literate, possess excellent customer service/interpersonal skills, detail oriented and organized. Customer service experience is required.
Position duties included answer incoming telephone calls and greet visitors. Process in-bound (phone, mail, fax, e-mail and walk-up) subscription and single ticket orders. Provide daily payment settlements to immediate supervisors. Provide ticket holder services to existing ticket holders (subscribers, group members, and single ticket purchasers) such as ticket exchanges and duplication of lost/stolen tickets. Maintain customer records both computerized and hard copy. Act as sales clerk in in-house or traveling merchandise boutique. Provide support assistance to receptionist.
This is an in season position with hours offered on an as needed basis for the months of October through May only. Nights/Weekends possible with limited travel in South Florida to provide customer service at performance venues. Compensation is an hourly rate of $10.
Applications for the customer service representatives are accepted in person only at 2200 Liberty Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, Monday through Friday from 10am to 5pm. If you prefer to submit a resume, please email it to email@example.com. EOE